Since the first Banner Saga released in 2014, fans have been eagerly awaiting a release date for the second game. The Banner Saga is a Viking-themed tactical role-playing game, that features a gorgeous art style that almost looks hand drawn. The game was planned as the first part of a trilogy at its release.
The game will cost $19.99 for the standard edition, or $24.99 for the deluxe edition which features the soundtrack composed by Austin Wintory. Wintory’s previous work has been on Journey and Assassin’s Creed Syndicate. Pre-ordering The Banner Saga 2 will also give you a 10 percent discount, dropping the prices to $17.99 and $22.49 respectively.
Here’s a full description of the game from its Steam page.
The award winning and BAFTA nominated saga continues in The Banner Saga 2. Continue your journey soon after the climactic events of The Banner Saga. The choices you made in the first game will affect who is alive and who is dead in this exciting sequel. As the world continues to crumble around you, only one bastion of hope remains, but getting there will require strong leadership, hard sacrifices, influencing new heroes, and, as always, sound strategy in combat.
KEY GAME FEATURES
• The epic Viking saga continues on – beautifully 2D hand drawn combat sequences and animations are further enhanced with special effects, once again accompanied by an evocative score from Grammy-nominated composer Austin Wintory
• Player choice that continues to drive your narrative – your story continues based on choices made in the first game as well as hard choices you have to make in this one.
• New Characters and a New Race – continue your epic journey interacting with new characters and a new race, the Horseborn.
• Improved Strategic combat with consequences – improved, more strategic battle boards enhance combat and permanent loss of characters will still weigh heavy on your mind long after the battle is over.
• The journey is as important as battle – your role in building and managing your caravan as you travel the vast landscape is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire civilization.
Are you excited that The Banner Saga 2 has a release date? Have you played the first game, or are you thinking of picking it up before the second? Let us know down in the comments.
CHECK OUT MORE
- Overwatch Update Adds New Map, Mode and More
- New Star Fox Zero Trailer Takes You Down Memory Lane
- Battleborn will Require You to Be Always Connected to the Internet
- Battleborn Open Beta Starts in April, New Missions and Modes Available