Resident Evil Village Officially Ships Over 5 Million Units Worldwide
While the critical reception towards Resident Evil Village seems to be a little mixed, that hasn’t stopped it from being a commercial success for Capcom. Just today, the company announced that they have officially sold over 5 million copies of the game worldwide, and this number includes digital sales as well through storefronts like the PS Store and Steam.
Village marked the series’ debut on the current-gen consoles, and was made with the impressive RE Engine that showed off photorealistic graphics and character models, and also made use of 3D audio to create a more immersive gameplay experience.
The game continues the story of Ethan Winters, who travels to a European castle in search of his baby daughter after Chris Redfield shows up at this house to murder his wife, Mia. The game deviates from series norms rather drastically, but retained other staples like level exploration and puzzles.
Resident Evil Village is now available on PC and consoles.
About the author
- Resident Evil Village Walkthrough
- Lady Dimitrescu’s Hilarious Puppet Is Back to Present Resident Evil Village Gold Edition’s Gameplay
- Resident Evil Village: Winters’ Expansion Review – Breaking the Mold
- How to Download & Play the Resident Evil Village Gold Edition Third Person Demo
- Resident Evil Village Winters’ Expansion Trailer Shares Third-Person Scares; New Demo Out Soon