To celebrate the success of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy video game, Square Enix is teaming up with Adidas to bring fans an amazing collaboration. This collection features six unique shoes, each inspired by the Guardians’ distinct looks and personalities.
Check out the description of each unique shoe below, as described by Adidas Senior Designer James Lui:
- Star-Lord – Forum Hi 84 and Forum Mid
- “Star-Lord has an old-school charm and is an expert in galactic combat and battle techniques; similarly, the Forum mid has an undeniable retro appeal and is a proven contender in its own area of expertise.”
- Gamora – ZX 2K Boost 2.0
- “Gamora is known across the universe as being a warrior with unmatched strength, speed and skill – and also for her lineage to the MCU game-changer Thanos. The ZX 2K Boost, the most recent silhouette to bear the iconic ZX moniker, is sleek and sharp like Gamora’s blades and takes color and material references from her armor and appearance.”
- Drax – Ozelia
- “Drax is fierce and headstrong, with superhuman strength and a formidable human-mutate physique. The Ozelia, is built like a classic sneaker but features amplified characteristics like a maximal midsole and molded panels and lines that draw similar visuals to Drax’s brutish form.”
- Groot – NMD R1
- “To capture the essence of the plant-life superbeing that is Groot, we started with the rugged trail version of the modern classic NMD R1. Unique to the style is a lugged outsole which helps to naturally grip the floor, and the mud-guard that runs along the bottom of the shoe helps protect the foot. Adding to this, we used a 2-tone knit in shades of brown as a nod to Groot’s roots for the upper, and an embroidered detail featuring ‘I AM GROOT’ in an alien language featured in the game.”
- Rocket – ZX 1K Boost
- “Rocket Racoon is a weapons specialist, elite marksman, and master tactician, who takes on amplified abilities from its racoon counterparts. We started with the ZX 1K Boost silhouette as a base – it’s a modern interpretation of a familiar style, using the latest technology for optimal performance. We added technical features like speed lacing, and high-vis reflective elements inspired by Rocket Racoon’s weaponry.”
This Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy-inspired Adidas shoe collection is set to drop at some point in 2022. For more information, head on over to the official Square Enix website.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy is available now on PS4, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, and streaming via GeForce NOW. Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Cloud Version for Nintendo Switch™ is also available now in select regions. You can check out our review here.