Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Nerfs Powerful Revolver; Helicopters Return to Warzone
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare received an update this week that severely impacts one of the game’s revolvers, while helicopters return to Warzone.
The small update on Thursday made several changes to the .357 Magnum revolver after players found that the right number of attachments could kill players in Warzone with only a few bullets.
The .357 Magnum by itself was a powerful pistol, but adding the Akimbo attachment to dual-wield and the Snake Shot attachment to increase damage range made it possible to have shotgun-like damage with a higher fire rate and range.
The update made three specific changes:
- Reduced fire delay on the Lightweight and Match Grade trigger attachments on all .357 calibers.
- .357 Snake Shot damage rebalance.
- Fixed a bug where the damage on the .357 Snake Shot was too high at longer distances.
Infinity Ward also revealed a smaller update today for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with Shipment 24/7 playlist becoming Shipment 10v10 and adding 3v3 Gunfight Knives Only.
The smaller update also replaced BR Solos with BR Stimulus Solos in Warzone, reduced height and radius at which parachuting enemy players are called out, and added helicopters back.
The developer removed helicopters from the battle royale mode earlier this week after players were using them to travel underneath the map and shoot others through the surface.
– Replacing BR Solos with BR Stimulus Solos
– Height & radius at which parachuting enemy players are called out have been reduced (BR)
– Adding helicopters back
– Shipment 24/7 becomes Shipment 10v10
– Adding 3v3 Gunfight Knives Only
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) May 8, 2020