How to Destroy the Orb & Beat the Pensieve Guardian in Hogwarts Legacy
Dodge and match the colors.
Before you get to face off against Ranrok, you’ll also need to test your mettle against several other bosses over the course of the story in Hogwarts Legacy. Some of them might just seem like powered-up versions of regular enemies, but you’ll still need to keep your wits about you. Here’s how to beat the Pensieve Guardian in Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy Pensieve Guardian Boss Guide
The Pensieve Guardian is the first major boss you’ll encounter in Hogwarts Legacy, and it shows up at the end of the first trial from Rackham and Rookwood. It might just seem like a big version of a regular Guardian, but it has a ton more health and a few tricky moves to take note of.
Before the fight, make sure you have Levioso and Accio equipped to your assigned spell slots. The other two slots are pretty flexible, and we had Confringo and Incendio equipped.
There are really just three main things to take note of during the fight with the Pensieve Guardian, as listed below:
- Hit circle to dodge to the side when the red danger marker appears on your character.
- Hit the Pensieve Guardian with Levioso when it starts to conjure up a yellow ball in its hands.
- Hit the Pensieve Guardian with Accio when it starts to conjure up a purple ball in its hands.
How to Destroy the Orb in Hogwarts Legacy
Those last two points listed above are crucial; you’ll need to hit the boss with the right spell as it conjures the ball to stun it, or it’ll deal a devastating amount of damage to you. Specifically, you’ll need to match the spell color of the orb or just dish out pure damage to break it:
- Red: Incendio and Confringo
- Yellow or Purple: Glacius and Descendo
If you have Focus Potion handy, then be sure to equip where possible, as you can use the Red high damage spells a lot more to deal a significant blow to the orb’s health in a short amount of time. Once stunned, you can hit the Guardian with regular spells and Ancient Magic.
About partway through the fight, you’ll also need to start using Protego to deflect some errant spells, but this shouldn’t be too difficult as the yellow danger marker will pop up just before the spells hit you.
That’s all you need to know about how to beat the Pensieve Guardian in Hogwarts Legacy. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- This Illuminating Hogwarts Legacy Spell Has Already Been Cast More Than 100 Billion Times
- All Arithmancy Door Puzzles in Hogwarts Legacy & How to Solve Them
- How to Fly Broom in Hogwarts Legacy
- This Hogwarts Legacy Voice Commands Mod Brings You One Step Closer to Being a Real Wizard
- Hogwarts Legacy Talent Tier List: Best Talents to Get First