Cyberpunk 2077 has been receiving a massive second wind thanks to the release of the popular anime Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. What’s also helped improve its reputation has been the release of the dedicated next-gen version. Players will now be able to experience the best version of the game, with big improvements and fixes that do a great job of improving on the original’s poor start. Here’s how to upgrade Cyberpunk 2077 from PlayStation 4 to PlayStation 5.
How To Upgrade Cyberpunk 2077 From PS4 to PS5
Upgrading Cyberpunk 2077 from PS4 to PS5 can be done entirely through the PlayStation Store. All you have to do is insert your PS4 game disc into your PS5, and you will find the offer to upgrade right on the screen. Download the free upgrade, and you will be able to play the PS5 version.
Keep in mind you will need to keep your PS4 disc inserted in your PS5 when playing the next-gen version. If you don’t have a disc-based version of the game, you will still be able to upgrade it through the PlayStation Store. Just access the game’s hub in the storefront, find the PS5 upgrade, and download it. Now, you can play the next-gen version of the game as you’d play any other digital PlayStation game.
That’s how to upgrade Cyberpunk 2077 from PS4 to PS5. If you’re in the mood for more Cyberpunk news, check out Twinfinite’s article on CD Projekt RED’s upcoming games, including a sequel to Cyberpunk 2077.
- Cyberpunk 2077 & Witcher Developer CD Projekt Announces Best Financial Q3 of its History
- Latest Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.61 Fixes Yet More Bugs But Doesn’t Introduce Any New Content
- How to Build Pilar from Cyberpunk Edgerunners in Cyberpunk 2077
- 12 Things to Do After Beating Cyberpunk 2077 (Post Game/End Game)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Endings: How to Get All Endings & Secret Ending