Marnie is one of many residents in Pelican Town. Part of the magic of Stardew Valley is getting to meet these characters, like Marnie, and befriending them. And that bond can grow if you help them out by carrying out specific requests or presenting them with gifts. If you like what the rancher Marnie is all about, here’s what Marnie likes in Stardew Valley.
What Does Marnie Like in Stardew Valley? Answered
Like it is with every character that you can befriend or romance, what Marnie likes is separated into two categories: likes and love. If she loves a gift you’ve given to her, you’ll earn more Friendship Points than receiving a gift she only likes.
Gifts Marnie Likes and Loves
Giving a gift to Marnie that she loves in Stardew Valley will award 80 Friendship Points. That’s nearly twice as many Friendship Points awarded than a gift she likes. Here’s every gift Marnie loves:
- Farmer’s Lunch
- Pink Cake
- Pumpkin Pie
- All Universal Loves
- Specific gifts loved by everyone, like Rabbit’s Feet and Magic Rock Candy.
Any one of these will have Marnie respond with, “This is an incredible gift! Thanks!” That’s a sign she loved it.
Giving a gift to Marnie that she likes in Stardew Valley only awards 45 Friendship Points. That’s slightly more than half of a loved gift, but many of the gifts Marnie likes are much easier to obtain. It’s definitely worth giving her a few to start off the friendship, then work your way up. Here are the items Marnie likes:
- Any kind of egg
- She hates Void Eggs.
- Any kind of milk
- All Universal Likes
- Like Universal Loves, Universal Likes are liked by everyone, like flowers (excluding Poppy).
Marnie will say, “Thank you!” if she received one of the gifts she likes.
Gifts Marnie Hates and Dislikes
Naturally, if there are gifts Marnie would love to receive, then there must be gifts she doesn’t like. Giving her any of these gifts is an effective way to decrease the Friendship Points with Marnie in Stardew Valley:
- Wild Horseradish
- All Universal Dislikes and Universal Hates
- An example of a gift she hates is clay.
Handing over a gift Marnie dislikes or hates will have her respond with “Oh. I guess I’ll take it” or “This is worthless. I don’t understand you,” respectively.
Movies and Food Marnie Loves and Hates at the Movie Theater
Further on in Stardew Valley, you’ll gain access to the movie theater. This is an excellent place to improve friendships by handing them a ticket. You can earn extra Friendship Points by having concessions they enjoy as well.
Keep these in mind when sending her a ticket:
- The Miracle at Coldstar Ranch is her favorite movie; she loves it.
- Every other movie she only likes. Marie isn’t very picky.
- Marnie loves ice cream sandwiches and stardrop sorbet
- Every other concession is fine, but she dislikes black licorice, fries, jojacola, jojacorn, nachos, salted peanuts, and truffle popcorn.
Now that you know what Marnie likes in Stardew Valley, go play nice with her. Do be mindful of the fact that Marnie cannot be romanced. If marrying a character is what you’re after, considering Sebastian—just avoid giving him clay; he hates clay.
- Where Is the Flower Dance in Stardew Valley? Answered
- Can I Sleep Outside in Stardew Valley? Answered
- Stardew Valley: How to Get Clay
- Stardew Valley: How to Get Hardwood
- Where Is the Lost and Found In Stardew Valley? Answered