Destiny 2’s highly anticipated Solstice of Heroes event has arrived, and it requires you to earn an array of new currencies to progress. The core objective of the Solstice 2022 event revolves around rerolling the Candescent armor stats, which is only possible via Kindling. It’s one of the main event currencies that enables you to upgrade the armor set and obtain the Solstice glows. With that said, here’s how you can get Kindling in Destiny 2 during the Solstice of Heroes event.
How to Get Kindling in Destiny 2
The only way to get Kindling in Destiny 2 is by completing the Solstice challenges in the new event pass. The pass comes packed with 24 quests in total, and you will get a Kindling and an Event Ticket whenever you complete a challenge.
Here’s the complete list of challenges available during Solstice 2022:
- Complete the Bonfire Bash activity for the first time.
- Defeat 20 Ignition Carriers in the Bonfire Bash activity.
- Defeat 20 Taken in the Bonfire Bash activity.
- Stoke 50 flames in the Bonfire Bash activity.
- Collect 500 Silver Ash.
- Complete the Bonfire Bash activity against all combatant races twice.
- Stoke 100 flames in the Bonfire Bash activity.
- Stoke 150 flames in the Bonfire Bash activity.
- Defeat targets anywhere in the system. Defeating Guardians awards bonus progress.
- Defeat combatants with Solar abilities.
- Defeat targets with Super abilities.
- Defeat combatants or opposing Guardians with Power weapons.
- Defeat 100 opposing Guardians in any activity.
- Defeat targets with Hand Cannons.
- Defeat targets with Shotguns.
- Defeat 60 bosses anywhere in the system.
- Complete playlist activities to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete public events on any destination to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete 10 patrols on any destination to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete runs of the Blind Well or Dares of Eternity to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete Vanguard Ops or Nightfalls to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete 25 Crucible or Gambit matches to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete Sever missions or rounds of Altars of Sorrow to earn Silver Leaves.
- Complete activities with Savathuns Throne World to earn Silver Leaves.
What Kindling is Used for in Destiny 2?
As we’ve mentioned earlier, Kindling allows you to upgrade the Candescent armor stats. You can reroll the armor stats using Kindling for a total of three times and here’s what changes every time you roll it:
- 1st Roll (Requires one Kindling): Add Small Embers to the armor.
- 2nd Roll (Requires two Kindling): An armor piece will apply to the armor set in the same slot.
- 3rd Roll (requires three Kindling): Upgrades the armor to the highest level.
The Solstice of Heroes 2022 event ends on August 9. Therefore, make sure that you complete all the event challenges and nab the nifty rewards before the event ends.
That concludes our guide to obtaining Kindling in Destiny 2. Before leaving, don’t forget to check out some of our other Destiny 2-related content here at Twinfinite, like What Is the Nightfall Weapon in Destiny 2 This Week?, How To Start the A Single Thread Quest, and more.
- How to Get Mindbender’s Ambition in Destiny 2
- How To Get Horror’s Least in Destiny 2: God Rolls & Best Perks
- How to Get the Crisis Inverted Hand Cannon in Destiny 2 & What the God Rolls Are
- When Does Destiny 2 Season 19 Start? Answered
- How to Complete The Hands Off Challenge In Destiny 2