Indie developers Dreamirl have officially launched the Kickstarter for their first video game: a karma-based Metroidvania titled Gold Project. In this title, you’ll choose between the God of Light and the God of Gold, as you venture into a land divided into corruption and chaos.
As you play, your decisions will shape the rest of your journey, either taking you down the path of purity or one of darkness and greed. You can check out a list of the Gold Project’s features right down below:
- Venture into a frenetic metroidvania to discover the origin of a world corrupted by gold and populated by abominations.
- Your karma evolves along your actions, closing paths and opening new ones. The progression in Gold Project depends on your choices.
- A light-rpg skill system, one for the light and one for the gold! Oscillate between spell-caster and raw power!
- Alternate between platforming and combat in each zone in a non-linear way with a multitude of epic bosses to fight!
- Enjoy the artistic vision of Camille Unknown who offers striking pixel-art, where gigantism and subtlety are the key words.
- Let yourself be carried away by the musical universe created by the duo Sarys X MisterMV to discover an epic storyline rich in emotions.
- The game will be translated into French, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and German (others will be added based on community requests).
Anyone interested in becoming a backer for Gold Project’s Kickstarter can head on over to the official page. Currently, the game has a goal of $135,237, with over $20,000 already being donated. If successful, Dreamirl plans to release for PC, PlayStation, and Nintendo.