Kyiv-based STALKER 2: Heart of Chernobyl Developer GSC Game World released a poignant video following the invasion of Ukraine.
The video describes the situation within the country and mentions that the game’s development has been understandably set aside as the developer focuses on keeping its staff safe.
That being said, the folks at GSC also promise that development will continue after the war.
You can check it out below and see the full message for yourself.
“S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chernobyl is a next-gen sequel to the award-winning PC game franchise developed by GSC Game World, set to deliver a unique action experience of survival in the post-apocalyptic Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. Preorder is available on Steam, Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store, and Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.”
- Experience one-of-a-kind gameplay, featuring the elements of a first-person shooter, immersive sim, and horror.
- Play a major part in a non-linear story that unfolds in the setting of local post-apocalyptic dark science fiction. Your Duty is to decide the fate of the Zone.
- Benchmark-setting graphics powered by the Unreal Engine 5.
- Official mod support, granting the crafty stalkers Freedom to expand and enrich the game universe.
- Multiplayer mode is coming soon after the release date as a free update for the game.