Today Sega revealed the upcoming updates and content planned for March and the beginning of April in its MMO Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis.
Mach 2 will see the release of nostalgic revival AC Scratch tickets, followed by the Spring ’22 event on March 9.
Central City will be decorated with blooming flowers, a new NPC named Xitre from ARKS Supply Support will appear, alongside new seasonal enemies, and more.
A new Urgent Quest will be added alongside a special scratch ticket. Speaking of tickets, a new AC Scratch and a new SG Scratch ticket will also come.
The second half of the spring event will launch on March 23 with new daily and weekly tasks, a new lineup in the Exchange Shop, a new AC Scratch ticket, and more.
More revival AC Scratch tickets will also come on March 30.
A major update will release on April 6, including the increase of the level cap to 45, new Photon Arts, new Compound Techniques, and new ranks for all Retem quests.
New features will include a recruit party members menu, the ability to set up your own photo room, Mag jukebox playlists, the ability to easily find color-changeable outfits and to show or hide your innerwear with outfits that show a lot of skin, and more.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is currently available for Xbox and PC in the west and for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming in Japan.
Recently, we learned that the game has passed 9 million registered users.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s what it’s all about.
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it — no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2! Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2.
- Cross-platform! PC and Xbox One players can play together side by side.