Heart of Madness is a pretty major update for New World that’s releasing this month, and not only does it bring a swathe of new story content for players to jump into, it also comes with a ton of big quality-of-life improvements that will help improve the overall experience.
Aside from the new expeditions and story quests, New World will also now have NPC encounters and other new experiences scattered all over the open-world for players to discover. This is an especially crucial addition, considering how players spend most of the time running from one destination to another if they’re not planning on consuming Azoth to fast travel. By including more discoveries in the open-world itself, this helps to cut down on a lot of the monotony.
Other nice changes include being able to get back half your original purchase cost whenever you sell off your house. At launch, if you sold the house you got nothing back, even if you’ve paying your taxes diligently. This offers players more options when it comes to housing, and also makes property feel like less of a liability.
There’s a lot more included in the update, and you can read up on them in the patch notes. New World is now available on PC.
- New World’s May Update Adds 3v3 PvP Arenas & New Expedition Mutators; PTR Now Live
- New Trailer for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Hints at Adventures To Come
- New World Shows off the Possibilities With New Blunderbuss Weapon
- New World Devs Provide a Deep Dive on Heart of Madness Update & Other Quality-of-Life Improvements
- New World of Warcraft Expansion Will Be Announced Next Month; Mobile Game Reveal in May