PlayStation has this week announced a pro-environment initiative called the ‘Play and Plant Program’ that will see three trees planted for every time the ‘Reached the Daunt’ trophy is unlocked before March 25.
A dedicated website provides further detail:
For the release of Horizon Forbidden West*, we want to do something to help nature… with you. Just like how Aloy fights to save the Earth in the game, we can do something together to help our planet.
Play Horizon Forbidden West and unlock the “Reached the Daunt” trophy before March 25th, and we, in partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation, will plant a tree across the country to help complete 3 different reforestation projects.**
So let’s grab our controllers and play for our planet!
Reforestation projects partnered with the project include Douglas County Forest, Sheep Fire Private Lands, and Torreya State Park. The program will end either on March 25 or when approximately 288,000 trees per project have been accounted for.
Twinfinite reviewed Horizon Forbidden West and absolutely loved it, scoring the game an exemplary 5/5 and calling it “a spectacular sequel to one of the PS4’s best exclusives,” and “a must-play if you own a PS5 and an easy GOTY contender in 2022.”
- Horizon Forbidden West’s Aloy Gets an Adorable New Nendoroid Figure
- New Horizon Forbidden West Patch Delivers Fixes Aplenty and Ends Loot Raves
- Latest Horizon Forbidden West Patch Fixes Bugs & Rebalances Legendary Weapons
- Horizon Forbidden West’s Latest Patch Fixes Shimmering Issues & Tons of Quest Bugs
- Studson Studio Makes an Amazing Horizon Forbidden West Tremortusk Kitbash