Unveiled a few years ago with just a short, cryptic cinematic trailer, Elden Ring quickly became one of the most highly anticipated video game releases. It’s a collaborative project between From Software and George R.R. Martin, best known for writing the A Song of Ice and Fire book series. The game itself features a large open-world, combined with the satisfying Souls combat that From Software has become known for. Here’s where to find the blacksmith in Elden Ring.
While you do have the ability to upgrade your own weapons very early on in Elden Ring, you’ll find that you won’t be able to strengthen your armaments past +2. To go any further, you’ll need the help of a blacksmith.
Finding the Blacksmith in Elden Ring
- The blacksmith won’t be available to you until you’ve unlocked the Roundtable Hold, which requires you to progress a little further in the story by clearing the first story boss encounter.
- Head northwest towards Stormveil Castle, and you’ll have to fight Margit, the Fell Omen in order to proceed.
- Rest at the Site of Grace that spawns after defeating Margit, and Melina will appear in a cutscene.
Melina will offer to take you to the Roundtable Hold. Accept her offer, and you’ll be transported there immediately.
- Head to the second floor of the Roundtable Hold to find Smith Master Hewg hammering away at the anvil.
- Speak with him to upgrade your weapons.
When you meet him, you’ll find that Smith Master Hewg doesn’t offer any Smithing Stones for sale. This means that you’ll need to find and gather your own upgrade materials before speaking with him. He also charges a small amount of Runes for the upgrading process.
Simply leveling up your character isn’t enough to make you stronger in Elden Ring; you’ll also need to keep up with your weapon upgrades.
We recommend exploring the open-world thoroughly to find Smithing Stones, and use them to make your weapons more powerful.
- Biggest Changes in Elden Ring Patch Notes 1.07, Explained
- Will There Be Elden Ring DLC or Expansions? Answered
- Elden Ring DLC Release Date Window, Theorized
- Does Elden Ring Have Ray Tracing? Answered
- Elden Ring: How to Get Somber Smithing Stone 8 & 9