This is a little easter egg that was present in the original Diamond and Pearl releases, and it’s also been brought over to the recent Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl remakes. Jan. 12 is Junichi Masuda’s birthday, who is best known for being the director and composer of the Pokemon series.
If you log into the game today and head over to Snowpoint City, you’ll be able to see little specks of diamond dust falling from the sky. This is a small tribute to Masuda, and a way to celebrate his birthday in-game.
In addition to that, this is also a great day to play the game as players will be able to enjoy a small boost to their encounter and egg hatching rate, so if you’re into breeding Pokemon, it’s time to get working.
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are now available exclusively on the Nintendo Switch.
- Fan Creates a Beautiful Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Canalave City Papercraft
- Yet Another Dupe Glitch Has Surfaced in Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Speedrunner Finishes Pokedex in One Day
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Speedrunners are Now Beating the Game in Under an Hour
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Review – A Lackluster Gem