Ubisoft’s open world FPS series has a new entry in the form of Far Cry 6. This time around, players make there way to Yara as they fight alongside other guerrillas to topple Anton Castillo’s corrupt regime. As you might expect from a game in the series, Far Cry 6 is quite lengthy and as such, you’ll likely want to take the occasional break. Here’s how to save your game in Far Cry 6.
Saving Your Game in Far Cry 6
You cannot save your game manually in Far Cry 6.
Far Cry 6 uses an auto-save feature to record your progress automatically. This is done on a fairly regular basis, often multiple times throughout a mission, or when you complete something out in the open world.
In addition to this, any time you fast travel or complete a side mission or find a collectible out in the open world, you’ll trigger an auto-save, meaning you’ll then be able to exit out of the game knowing full well that your progress has been recorded.
You’ll know when the game is saving when an icon of two papers appears in the top right-hand corner.
Is There a Manual Save Option?
Unfortunately, no. Far Cry 6 does not have a manual save option in any of its menus.
However, you can trigger an auto-save by doing any of the following actions:
- Fast traveling
- Taking over a checkpoint
- Complete a Bandido Operation
- Liberating a Base
- Completing a Cockfighting Match
- Complete a Side Mission
- Buy or Sell Something at a Vendor
That’s everything you need to know on how to save in Far Cry 6. For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our wiki, or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- Far Cry 6’s Second DLC Expansion Pagan: Control Comes to PC & Consoles on Jan. 11
- Far Cry 6 Danny Trejo Crossover Mission Is Available Now for Free
- NPD October: Far Cry 6 Leads Software Sales; Nintendo Switch Back on Top
- Latest Far Cry 6 Patch Brings Bug Fixes, Improvements & DLC Preparations
- Far Cry 6 Dominoes Becomes Explosive in This Hilariously Exaggerated Fan Edit