Earlier today during The Game Awards 2021 stream a teaser trailer for the brand-new 4X game based on the Dune universe was revealed. Dune Spice Wars is currently in development at Norwegian studio, Funcom. This is the studio’s first step into the 4X genre.
Throughout the trailer, we see the sands of the desert planet Arrakis with multiple different voices in the background talking about different locations and characters around the Dune universe. And as is the case in the books and movies, it seems like there will be a major focus on controlling the spice of Arrakis.
The trailer doesn’t mention any consoles, but at the end it is mentioned on screen that the game is available to wishlist on Steam. There’s no clear release date for Dune Spice Wars, but it was revealed that the game will enter early access on Steam starting sometime next year.
You can check out the full reveal trailer for Dune Spice Wars down below. And if you’re a big Dune fan, then you’ll want to check out all the details about the next Dune movie that is currently in the works.
And if you just can’t get enough video game reveals, then you can check out the full stream of The Game Awards 2021 down below.
- Dark Horse Reveals a Beautifully Detailed Dune Royal Ornithopter Statue
- Shiro Games Reveals More Gameplay Details About Dune: Spice Wars
- Dune 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray SteelBook Revealed; Includes Free Digital Copy
- ArtStation User Creates Incredibly Detailed Dune Space Guild Concept Art
- Dune: Part Two Officially Announced for October 2023