Publisher Chucklefish is getting ready to get on board the murder train, with a new trailer announcement for Robust Games’ Loco Motive setting the stage for a Summer 2022 release on both Nintendo Switch and PC. This reveal was just one of the many at the Nintendo Indie World Showcase.
Players will help to investigate the fatal passing of one Lady Unterwald abroad the Reuss Express, with a cast of colourful characters along for the ride. Lawyer Arthur Ackerman, would-be detective Herman Merman, and secret service agent Diana Osterhagen are all suspects, but are also the key to solving the mystery of Loco Motive.
The origins of Loco Motive is quite curious, first created for a two-week game jam, before being fully remade with this upcoming release. The game will combine the charms of a murder mystery with the classic mechanics of point-and-click adventure games.
If you are a big fan of those Lucasarts classics, then you are already in the right place for the mystery solving, puzzles, and beautiful pixel art. You can check out the announcement trailer for Loco Motive below:
The features of Loco Motive include:
– A comedy adventure that hits like smooth jazz, set onboard a 1930s express train
– Take control of three playable characters, in an interlinking comedic adventure
– Uncover a deadly mystery, full of twists, turns and slapstick humour
– Meet a train-full of quirky and somewhat suspicious fellow passengers
– Stop at nothing to solve item-based puzzles, that won’t leave you head scratching for hours
– Choose how you play, by taking direct interactive character control, or opting for a classic point and click experience
– Beautifully detailed pixel art bursting with charm and character
– Need a little nudge in the right direction? Telephone for assistance with an in-game hint callline!
– Fully voiced, with the slinky sounds of composer Paul Zimmerman (Space Haven)