Announced earlier this year, Sifu is a martial arts combat game that’s being developed by Sloclap, best known for releasing Absolver. While the game was originally slated for a late February 2022 release, it looks like production has gone smoothly enough that the developers feel confident in bringing it forward by two weeks.
Announced over on the game’s official Twitter account, Sifu is close to going gold, and will now be released on Feb. 8, 2022 instead.
We also got a new update on the game over at the PlayStation Blog, detailing how the combat in the game works. It’s meant to evoke the feeling of being in a kung fu action movie, and the combat blends aesthetic with realistic martial arts techniques to create an awesome-feeling power fantasy for the player.
Sifu is set to be released for PlayStation and PC on Feb. 8, 2022.
- Martial Arts Action Title Sifu Dropkicks its Way to PS4, PS5 & PC on February 22
- New Sifu Gameplay Trailer Shows off Aging Mechanic, New Release Window
- Sifu Gets a New Combat Heavy Gameplay Trailer During IGN Expo
- New Sifu Trailer Details Different Bosses, Fighting Styles, & Aging
- Sloclap Unveils New IP Sifu; Coming to PS5 & PS4 This Year