Among Us was one of the most popular multiplayer party games when the COVID-19 pandemic hit last year, and it continues to be a mainstay in the Twitch gaming community. Innersloth has just released a new update for the game, adding a whole ton of new features to it.
For starters, there are a few new player roles to check out, as listed below:
- Scientist: Access vitals at any time. Complete tasks to recharge your battery.
- Engineer: Can use the vents.
- Guardian Angel: Cast a protection shield around the remaining Crewmates.
- Shapeshifter: Disguise yourself by morphing into any other Crewmate.
These roles are completely customizable, and you can add or remove them in your own game lobbies.
The new Cosmicube system has also been added, giving players new cosmetics to unlock. A new currency, called Beans, can be obtained just by playing through the game naturally, and you can accumulate enough of them to purchase Cosmicubes. Stars, on the other hand, are a premium currency that are bought with money and can unlock certain Cosmicubes as well.
You can check out the full patch notes here.
Among Us is now available on PC and consoles.
- Among Us Coming to PlayStation in December, Will Support Cross-Play
- Among Us Devs Speak Out Against Fortnite’s New Impostors Mode
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War to Add Among Us-Like Double Agent Mode
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Is Getting an Animated Movie
- Among Us Will Be Free to Download on Switch For a Week