It’s update week for Valorant, and while Patch 3.07 doesn’t make an especially long list of changes, there are one or two that should come as a welcome surprise to fans of the game. In particular, Jett’s knives now finally reset at the shooting range after a practice bot is killed, which always used to occur but suddenly stopped working six or so months ago. Now you can finally practice your knife taps without hearing ‘watch this!’ over and over. Hallelujah!
Other notable changes in today’s patch include the correction of a bug that would see players avoid decay when passing through the top of Viper’s wall, and another annoying bug that awarded a ‘Team Ace’ without members of the team being involved. Here is the full list of changes:
- Passing through the highest portion of Viper’s wall now correctly applies instant decay to
- high-flying Agents.
- Updated the visuals for the dissolving effect seen while inside Viper’s smoke to better
- match the visuals seen from the outside, in an attempt to remove any type of peeker’s
- advantage when playing from within the smoke.
- Jett’s Blade Storm kunai will now recharge after killing a training dummy or defuse
- practice bot.
● Penalties removed for leaving Deathmatch early
○ Full game participation is required to earn XP.
New setting, in Beta, “Raw Input Buffer” improves the performance of input device processing.
- VALORANT has used Raw Input for devices since launch. Enabling “Raw Input
- Buffer” will adjust which APIs are used for processing Raw Input.
- Should result in minor performance improvement and identical input latency when used with standard input devices and gaming mice.
- Major performance improvement when used with 8000hz polling rate mice.
- 8000hz polling rate mice are supported with this feature enabled.
Game System Updates
A slew of fixes for some common crashes as reported by players.
Fixed a bug where Team Ace could be awarded in scenarios where it wasn’t earned by the
team (we still respect teamwork!)
- Valorant Patch 3.08 Notes Reveal Long-Awaited Option to Revert Weapon Skin Upgrade Tiers
- New Valorant Skin Bundle Celebrates Mexican ‘Day of the Dead’ Holiday
- Team Liquid’s Valorant LCQ Run Was a Moment of Esports Magic
- New Valorant Skin Bundle’RGX 11Z PRO’ Features a Kill Counter
- Spike Nations Valorant Tournament to Raise $70,000 For Charity