Phasmophobia really is the gift that keeps on giving. While the game is still in early access, Kinetic Games certainly hasn’t lost any momentum in terms of providing free content updates that help expand its universe even further. A new update has been pushed out for the game just in time for Halloween, and it comes with plenty of new features and some system reworks.
First off, a new medium-sized map called the Maple Lodge Campsite has been added to the rotation, and it comes with more visual detail and higher object density, according to the patch notes. Kinetic Games also states that other locations will also receive more detail and unique objects in the future.
The Nightmare difficulty mode has also been added to the game, which should give seasoned players more of a challenge. Here are the details:
- Ghosts will not reveal one type of evidence
- The ghost will sometimes change its preferred room after moving
- No setup time
- Shortest hunt grace period
- Long hunt duration
- Kills extend the current hunt’s duration
- Sanity pills restore much less sanity
- Fuse box starts off
- Almost no hiding places
- Paranormal interference has damaged some of your monitoring equipment
Finally, new ghost types have been added. They are the Onryo, the Twins, the Obake, and Raiju, which are more likely to spawn during the Halloween event. A weather system has also been implemented, which can make it even harder for players to track down the ghost or determine its type. You can read the full patch notes here.
Phasmophobia is now available on PC.
- Phasmophobia’s Anniversary Update Comes With a Journal Overhaul & Offline Single-Player
- Phasmophobia’s Exposition Update Adds 2 New Ghost Types, Equipment, & Tons of Gameplay Tweaks
- New Phasmophobia Update Adds New Ghost Types; Kinetic Games Hires New Artist & Programmer
- Phasmophobia Gets a Big Update that Makes Ghosts Even More Aggressive
- New Phasmophobia Update Lets Ghosts Listen Out for Player Voices