Since its launch last week, Amazon Games’ New World has proven to be a pretty big hit, as evidenced by the numbers on Steam and Twitch. The ambitious pirate-themed MMORPG features a very robust crafting and gathering system, as well as a deep focus on PvP where players can fight with each other to try to claim territory. The game didn’t launch without its issues, though, and Amazon has just pushed out a new update to address them.
First off, server transfers aren’t here yet, though the developers have stated that this update will lay the groundwork for that through the in-game stores. In the meantime, they hope to alleviate long queue times with shorter AFK timers, as well as a confirmation prompt when a player wants to leave the queue.
Several bugs have also been addressed, such as characters not interacting with items properly out in the open-world, as well as notifications persisting on the screen indefinitely. You can check out the full patch notes here.
New World is now available on PC.
- New World Players are Mass Reporting Each Other to Win Faction Wars
- New World’s Server Transfer Feature Gets Delayed; Players No Longer Able to Transfer Between Regions
- Here’s How Big New World’s Map Size Is (Measured)
- No, New World Doesn’t Need a ‘Better’ Fast Travel System
- New World’s Impressive Sound Design Makes Me Want To Mine Rocks Forever