For those busy exploring planet ZDR in MercurySteam and Nintendo EPD’s latest 2D side-scrolling action-adventure title, Metroid Dread, we may have some good news for you. Yes, the game’s first patch has just been deployed and is available to download now.
Specifically, the update fixes a game-breaking issue concerning one of the game’s doors, which causes the title to crash with the following error message: “The software was closed because an error occurred.” Obviously, this has proven frustrating for those who’ve experienced the bug as it prevents the player from making any further progress.
Thankfully, this latest patch addresses the aforementioned bug, while also fixing “several other issues to improve overall gameplay experience.” Go ahead and check out the full patch notes courtesy of Nintendo:
Ver. 1.0.1 (Released October 20, 2021)
– Fixed an issue where, if a map marker is placed on a specific door on the map screen (the door destroyed with the beam obtained at the end of the game), destroying that door at the end of the game would cause the game to forcefully quit with the message “The software was closed because an error occurred”.
– Fixed several other issues to improve overall gameplay experience.
Our very own Rebecca Stone reviewed Metroid Dread recently and absolutely loved her time with the game ultimately awarding it an exemplary 5/5, concluding:
Metroid Dread takes risks for the series, but it succeeds in doing so. The ending was completely grand, and the interpretations of the final scenes will leave me thinking about the game for a long time to come.
Metroid Dread is out now, exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
But how about you, though? Have you run into this bug? Or has your experience with the game gone smoothly? Don your Power Suits and let us know in the usual place down below.
- Nintendo, Please Make This Fan-Made Metroid Dread Manual a Reality
- Metroid Dread Review – E.M.M.I. Last Words, Samus?
- New Metroid Dread Trailer Shows off Tons of Environments & Enemies
- New Metroid Dread Trailer Challenges Players to “Find Your Power”
- Metroid Dread’s Latest Trailer Reveals New Abilities to Deal With Terrifying Enemies