Developed by Kinetic Games, Phasmophobia made waves when it released via Steam early access last year. It quickly became one of the most popular horror games on Twitch, tasking players with exploring various spooky locations while using different pieces of equipment to look for clues to determine what kind of ghost they were dealing with. It’s been a year since the game’s release, and the developer has just pushed out the Anniversary Update to celebrate this milestone, and add some nice changes and improvements as well.
One of the biggest changes here is the journal overhaul, which allows players to cross out evidence and make it easier to organize clues.
- A complete redesign of the journal to make it easier to use and navigate
- You can now cross off evidence on the ghost evidence page
- The pause menu is now integrated into the journal
- You can now change all settings using the journal whilst in game
The update also allows players to play the game solo without needing to connect to the servers, which is a nice change for those who don’t like playing in teams. You can check out the full patch notes here.
Phasmophobia is now available on PC.
- Phasmophobia Gets a Big Halloween Update With a New Map, New Ghosts, Nightmare Difficulty & More
- Phasmophobia’s Exposition Update Adds 2 New Ghost Types, Equipment, & Tons of Gameplay Tweaks
- New Phasmophobia Update Adds New Ghost Types; Kinetic Games Hires New Artist & Programmer
- Phasmophobia Gets a Big Update that Makes Ghosts Even More Aggressive
- New Phasmophobia Update Lets Ghosts Listen Out for Player Voices