If you’re looking to keep your health bar intact in Lost Judgment, you’ll want to make sure you’re using Yagami’s Guard. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to guard in Lost Judgment and all skills that’ll upgrade it and make it even more effective.
Guarding in Lost Judgment
To guard simply press and hold the L1/ LB button. It’s worth keeping in mind that this doesn’t work against power moves used by some opponents.
You’ll know when an opponent is using a power move as they’ll be giving off a glowing aura.
You can also press L1/ LB just as your opponent’s attack is about to land on you to block, giving you a little more freedom to get some attacks or use objects in your surroundings to your advantage when you don’t need to have your guard up.
Upgrading Your Guard
It is possible to improve Yagami’s Guard in Lost Judgment by purchasing the various skills from the skill tree. We’ve listed all of these under each of their fighting styles below.
- Re-guard: Hold L1 immediately after your guard is broken to allow you to block quickly again.
- Guard Roll: Perform an evasive roll from a guard holding L1 and pressing X.
- Perfect Guard: Press L1 just as the enemy attacks to create an opening.
- Heart of a Champion: Charge up the EX Gauge with every attack you block
- Projectile Counter: Catch and throw back weapons thrown at you by pressing L1 as they are about to hit Yagami.
- Projectile Counter Blue Flame: Projectile counter is always active during EX Boost.
- Serpent Strike: When an enemy melee attacks, press L1 to add an additional strike to parries.
- Overwhelming Parry & Threatening Parry: Each increase the chance to frighten enemies upon successfully parrying with L1.
- Snake Hidden Arts Lv. 1 & 2: Grants temporary immunity to knockdowns after a successfull parry and extends duration of Snake’s Hidden Arts
- Secret of the Snake: The effects of Snake’s Hidden Arts will remain even after swapping styles. Activating Hidden Arts of the style you swap into will reset the effect time.
- EX Waterfall Crush: Press Triangle after parryining to peform a skill.
Simply select the ones you want to purchase from the skill tree and as long as you’ve got the required skill points, you’ll be able to purchase it. These can make tougher fights far easier, so we highly recommend grabbing these as you progress through the game.
- Lost Judgment Is Getting Its Own Soba Noodles in Japan
- Lost Judgment Review – The Perfect Sequel
- Lost Judgment Gets Lots of PS5 Gameplay Showing Combat & Dancing Minigame in 4K
- Lost Judgment Demo for PS5 & PS4 Now Available in Japan; English Subtitles Included
- Lost Judgment Details Bonus & DLC Content; Play as Masaharu Kaito, New Girlfriends, Retro Games, & More