Today Microsoft and Relic Entertainment released an extensive video showcasing a full multiplayer match of Age of Empires IV.
We get to see a game featuring the Holy Roman Empire against the Rus faction, and it’s a rather interesting one, with plenty of back and forth attacks.
You can check it out below.
Age of Empires IV launches on October 28 exclusively on PC. Here’s how Microsoft officially describes it.
“The king of real-time strategy (RTS) is back! Age of Empires has returned with its first all new title in 16 years, modernizing the RTS genre for new and returning players eager for the return of an RTS gaming phenomenon.
By using history as a development tool, “Age of Empires IV” brings unparalleled atmosphere to the RTS with stylized visuals, diverse civilizations and authentic music and speech – all which come together to let you celebrate the High Medieval period to Late Renaissance history and cultures.
With updated controls, intuitive UI and a fresh approach to campaign putting you as the hero in history, “Age of Empires IV” is the most accessible Age of Empires game yet while taking everything fans love about the franchise to the next level.”
- Stunning 4K visual fidelity
- Eight diverse civilizations, including the Mongols and Chinese, along with naval gameplay support
- Four campaigns with thirty-five missions spanning 500 years of history
- Cooperate or spectate with up to seven of your friends in PVP and PVE multiplayer modes
- Best-in-class game and platform services, including a World Editor in early 2022, tutorials and a story mode to help onboard new RTS players