ActRaiser Renaissance, a remaster of the original 2D action platformer and city-building simulation game from the nineties will actually release today for PS4, Nintendo Switch, PC via Steam, iOS, and Android.
Here’s what you can expect from this remaster, directly from the press release. It’s certainly a welcome return for the fans of the beloved original game.
- Beautifully remastered HD graphics including the characters, map, monsters and battle backgrounds and effects
- Newly designed city-building simulation segments, including a new region and developmental stages for cities
- Players can harness new magic, including the ability to cast fire, ice, and other magical elements, in 2D action stages
- Players can dodge, attack and slash with upward and downward motions, for a more dynamic action experience
- New real-time strategy “Settlement Siege” feature
- Remastered original soundtrack with 15 new music tracks
- Ability to toggle between the original soundtrack and newly remastered soundtrack from the original composer, Yuzo Koshiro
- New auto-save and difficulty settings feature
You can check out the trailer below, alongside a gallery of screenshots and artwork. They should help you decide if you want to head to your digital store of choice to grab it.