Today, during the Gamescom Awesome Indies Show 2021, Gato Studio announced the release date of The Waylanders.
The game, which was recently delayed to the fall, is coming on November 16 for PC.
You can check the trailer out below, courtesy of IGN.
If you’d like to learn more about The Waylanders, you can read the official description below.
“The first meeting between the Celts and their gods, the Tuatha de Danaan, should have been a time of celebration and enlightenment, but when negotiations go catastrophically wrong, a battle against a god leaves you near death and untethered from time!
Return to a land overtaken by magickal corruptions and a kingdom splintered into multiple factions warring for the throne. The Celtic society, a complex tapestry of different religions, human cultures, and mortal and immortal races such as the Mourians, Werewolves, Goblins, and monsters threaten to tear at every seam. Will you support the immature, yet rightful, heir, or the pragmatic general in their bid for the throne? What alliances will you forge, what friendships will you foster, what romances will you pursue, and… what will you do when you are suddenly thrust into Medieval Spain?”
- Travel Between Eras – Time travel between two distinct eras: Celtic and Medieval. Meet old allies and discover reborn friends as you step from past to the future
- A Story Like No Other – The Waylanders blends Celtic myth from the Spanish region of Galicia with exciting fantasy adventure
- Faithful Companions – Befriend nine mortal and immortal companions to join you on your journeys through Celtic and Medieval Galicia. Discover their past, bond through special missions, and romance your favorites
- Lands to Discover in Two Era – Explore more than 50 regions filled with quests, secrets, and enemies in both the Celtic and Medieval era
- Multiple endings – Choices made in one time period have dire future consequences. Players will feel the impact of their decisions in surprising and shocking ways
- Strategic tactical combat – Unique party formation abilities based on characters and classes open up deep, tactical combat options. Different party makeups unlock special offensive attacks and defensive abilities like Daggertip, Phalanx, Golem and Conclave.
- Full Character Customization – Choose from six basic classes and further specialize into one of 30 advanced classes. Create your character from five playable races based on Celtic mythology, including unusual backgrounds such as Mourian, Semi-Fomorian, and Werewolf, each with a different origin
- Immersive Soundtrack – The Waylanders features music composed by Emmy award-winner and three time BAFTA nominee, Inon Zur
- Photo Mode – Capture the excitement and magic of the world of The Waylanders as you discover it with newly added photo features