Splitgate is the latest arena shooter to take the world by storm. The multiplayer title blends Halo’s combat with the Portal series’ portals, allowing for fast-paced and frenetic action that’s very difficult to put down once you start playing. The game also has a ton of different game modes to cater to its ever-growing audience, ensuring that no matter what mode you’re in the mood for, you’ll find the right one for you. Here’s everything you need to know about all Splitgate game modes.
There’s a total of 19 game modes in Splitgate, and we’ve listed all of these below. It’s worth noting that some of these are ‘special’ game modes and are brought in and out of rotation so you won’t always be able to play them.
All Splitgate Game Modes
- Team Deathmatch – Kill the enemy team to score points. First to 50 points wins.
- King of the Hill – Score points by standing inside the hill. First to 200 points wins.
- Domination – Score points by capturing and controlling the three hills. Once a hill is captured, you don’t need to stay inside it. First to 600 points wins.
- VIP – Each team has a designated VIP. Kill the VIP to score points. The VIP cannot spawn portals, but has double health.
- Team Oddball – Grab the ball and run! Control the ball to score points. First to 200 points wins.
- Team Swat – Kill the enemy team to score points. Headshots are insta-kills. First to 50 points wins.
- Team Shotty Snipers – Kill the enemy team to score points. Everyone spawns with a shotgun and a sniper rifle. First to 50 points wins.
- Gun Game – Kill enemies to advance your gun. Melee kills decrease enemy gun tiers. First to get a kill with all 22 weapons wins.
- Showdown – Eliminate the enemy team to win the round. Loadouts are randomized each round. No respawning!
- Takedown – Eliminate the entire enemy team to win each round. Spawn times increase with each death.
- Free-for-All – Kill everything that moves. First to 25 points wins.
- Instagib – Free-for-all but with Railguns. Your Railgun can be charged and fired almost instantly. First to 25 points wins.
- Capture the Flag – A classic game mode. Score points by getting the enemy flag and returning it to your own flag.
- Teabag Confirmed – A take on Kill Confirmed, except you teabag enemies or your teammates to confirm and deny kills.
- Fiesta – Fiesta can come in both free-for-all and team deathmatch variants. Kill enemies to score points. Your loadout is randomized upon death.
- Laser Tag – Players have only 30 health. Kill enemies to score points. One-hit-kills galore!
- One in the Chamber – Each player starts with a single bullet to fire. One-hit-kills. Upon killing an enemy, you’ll get a new bullet in your clip. Run out of bullets and you’ll have to resort to melee attacks.
- Neutral Capture the Flag – Both teams compete for a single flag and must return it to their base. A true tug-of-war-style mode.
- VIP Takedown – A mix of the VIP and Takedown game modes. Eliminate the VIP in a round to score a point.
It’s worth noting that there may be more Splitgate game modes released once the full version of the game launches and the beta ends. We’ll update this post as and when more modes are added to the rotation.
That’s everything you need to know about all Splitgate game modes. For more tips, tricks, and guides, search for Twinfinite, or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- New Splitgate Game Won’t Come in 2023 as Developers Answer Questions from the Fans
- Splitgate Developers Announce End of Feature Development; Will Work on a New Game
- Splitgate Beta Season 1 Kicks Off Next Week With Map Creator, Battle Pass, & More
- Splitgate’s End-of-Year Infographic Reveals a Strong 2021 for the Popular Shooter
- Splitgate Season 0 Revealed With a New Trailer During Gamescom 2021 ONL