Earlier today, Playstation revealed that the hit 2019 PC indie game, A Short Hike, would finally be heading to its platform, as it is set to release on PS4 this fall. As you can see in the announcement trailer below, the game is simple, yet gorgeous, as players must help guide the protagonist, Claire, to the top of the mountain she finds herself hiking around.
In this short but sweet adventure, you’ll glide hike, climb, and glide your way across the peaceful mountainside landscapes of Hawk Peak Provincial Park, following marked trails and exploring backcountry as you guide Claire to the summit.
As players continue further up, they’ll meet other hikers, discover hidden treasures, and a lot more fun stuff that helps mold the world around Claire. The game’s official description describes the game in the following way.
- Explore the island any way you like. Choose your own path to follow and see where it leads you. You never know what you might stumble into!
- Hike at your own pace – there’s no need to rush to the summit! Take your time fishing along the river banks or swimming by the lakeshore.
- Collect hidden treasures to reach new heights. Try taking a dive off the mountain peaks to soar above the forests.
- Chat with the other hikers you meet along your route. You might be able to help each other out!
- Listen to a lush original soundtrack by Mark Sparling that progresses dynamically as you explore the wilderness.
While there is no exact release date set for the PS4 version of A Short Hike, it has been confirmed to release in Fall 2021.
- A Short Hike Launches Today on Switch
- Untitled Goose Game Is GOTY at The Game Developers Choice Awards 2020; Full Winners List Inside