Sega has revealed a lot of new content for Phantasy Star Online: New Genesis coming between September and October.
We learn that on September 1 the game will launch a collaboration with the Sonic franchise with plenty of crossover goodies that you can get by logging in and joining the campaigns.
On the same date, Central City will also be decorated for the fall, with plenty of goodies and prizes to enjoy for the first half of the Autumn Event.
September 1 will also see the introduction of the AC Scratch ticket “Moonlight Sanctuary.”
The second half of the Autumn Event will be implemented on September 15 alongside the AC Scratch ticket Silhouette of Darkness.
The AC Scratch ticket Oracle Renewal Collection III will come on September 29, bringing back popular items from the past.
Next, we get to see the new Bouncer class that will be released in October.
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis is currently available for Xbox and PC in the west and for PS4, PC, and Nintendo Switch via cloud streaming in Japan.
Recently, we learned that the game has passed 9 million registered users.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s what it’s all about.
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it — no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2! Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2.
- Cross-platform! PC and Xbox One players can play together side by side.