Metroid Dread is sure to have nostalgic Nintendo fans chomping at the bit for a return to some classic side-scrolling action, and they don’t have too much longer to wait ahead of its October launch. In the meantime, a new cinematic trailer today called ‘Another Glimpse of Dread’ sets the scene for its mysterious sci-fi story, while a developer report provides a detailed over on Samus’s arm cannon and various abilities.
You can read the full developer report here, which runs through Samus’s arm cannon, missiles, beam cannon, parkour abilities, as well as providing a little context to her backstory for those who aren’t familiar with the iconic character.
Here’s today’s new trailer:
For those not up to speed with Metroid Dread, it was first announced back in June and is the first side-scrolling Metroid game to launch in 15 years. The events of the story take place after those of Metroid Fusion. Here’s the story synopsis via the developer:
Samus’ story continues after the events of the Metroid Fusion game when she descends upon planet ZDR to investigate a mysterious transmission sent to the Galactic Federation. The remote planet has become overrun by vicious alien lifeforms and chilling mechanical menaces. Samus is more agile and capable than ever, but can she overcome the inhuman threat stalking the depths of ZDR?
- New Metroid Dread Trailer Challenges Players to “Find Your Power”
- Metroid Dread’s Latest Trailer Reveals New Abilities to Deal With Terrifying Enemies
- 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Metroid Dread
- Metroid Dread for Nintendo Switch Gets Lots of Gameplay and First Screenshots
- Metroid Dread Gets Detailed Gameplay, Design Breakdown via Development History Video