Today the French games publisher and developer, Focus Home Interactive, announced that they have acquired fellow French developer Dotemu.
Over the last few years, Dotemu has become a well-known and well-respected name within the gaming industry. It has shown a knack for working on well-established and popular franchises with care and achieving results. It recently worked on Final Fantasy VIII Remastered alongside Square Enix, helped create the multiplayer for the re-release of Windjammers, and revived the long-dormant Streets of Rage franchise to great success.
In a release by Focus Home Interactive, the now controlling company goes into quite a bit of detail explaining the move and how it will benefit both parties, namely Focus Home Interactive benefitting from the trust and expertise that Dotemu brings into the fold and Dotemu benefitting from Focus Home Interactive’s structure from a financial and operational standpoint.
Both parties appear to be quite happy about the move. Cyrille Imbert, CEO of Dotemu called the decision to join Focus Home Interactive “an obvious choice”, while Christophe Nobileau, CEO of Focus Home Interactive called Dotemu’s arrival a “key step in the acceleration of the Group’s growth and diversification of its expertise.”
If you’re interested in the full statement from both parties, you can take a gander right here. The deal is expected to close sometime this September.
- Why Did Larys Cut Off the Prisoners’ Tongues in House of the Dragon? Answered
- Why Does Rhaenyra Want to Ally With Alicent in House of the Dragon? Answered
- Did Rhaenyra Cheat on Her Husband Laenor Velaryon in House of the Dragon? Answered
- Why Does Criston Hate Rhaenyra in House of the Dragon? Answered
- What Is the Time Jump Between Episodes 5 & 6 in House of the Dragon? Answered