Dying Light 2 is the long-awaited sequel to Techland’s beloved open-world parkour zombie FPS, and from what we’ve seen of it so far it looks set to deliver a grander a more ambitious iteration of everything we loved about the 2014 original. And while it’s sure to look brilliant on next-generation consoles, those playing on PC with RTX-capable cards can look forward to photorealistic raytracing features, as demonstrated in a new trailer today.
Anybody familiar with the technology will know just what an incredible difference RTX makes, but in any case, it’s worth checking out the showcase below. It really does highlight just how much more immersive the experience is when light reflects off objects and surfaces in a realistic fashion.
Further Dying Light 2 details are expected to be shared later this week during Gamescom 2021 as another Dying 2 Know episode is locked in for Aug. 26 at 11am PT / 8pm CEST. Stay tuned into Twinfinite for a full report. If you missed the last Dying 2 Know episode, which showcased both parkour and stealth gameplay in full flow, you can check it out here.
Dying Light 2 is due to launch later this year, Dec. 7, for Xbox, PlayStation, and PC platforms.
- Get a Feel For Dying Light 2’s Weapons in Latest Dev Diary
- Dying Light 2 Stay Human Trailer Shows off Brutal & Creative Combat
- New Dying Light 2 Gameplay Trailer Shows Off Both Fast-Paced Parkour and Intense Stealth Sections
- Dying Light 2’s Next “Dying 2 Know” Episode Teased For Next Week
- New Dying Light 2 Video Sets the Scene for the Story