The anticipated next entry in Activision’s Call of Duty franchise, which is called Vanguard, is set to be revealed later this week, Aug. 19. That’s according to a PS Store advert that was discovered by Dualshockers writer Tom Henderson, who took a screenshot before the advert was removed from the store.
— Tom Henderson (@_Tom_Henderson_) August 16, 2021
As has now become standard for Call of Duty games, it will be revealed via Warzone, the incredibly popular free-to-play battle royale spin-off.
Vanguard is being developed by Sledgehammer Games, who assisted in the development of Blacks Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare but whose last solo project was Call of Duty: WW2. During Activision’s latest financial earnings call, chief operating officer Daniel Alegre spoke of his confidence in the upcoming game:
“We do feel really good about what Sledgehammer is doing leading to release in the fourth quarter of this year. The studio itself has never been bigger and stronger, now with its team in Foster City, Melbourne, and also now in Toronto. Across all modes of play, across the multiplayer, campaign, and across co-op, development is coming along really well and we’re going to be sharing new details with the community very soon.”
It is expected that Vanguard will launch this holiday season, likely in November.
- Call of Duty: Vanguard Multiplayer Boasts Miniguns, Swords, Tactical Destruction, & Global Operators
- New Call of Duty: Vanguard Trailer Introduces Iconic WW2 Sniper Polina Petrova
- Call of Duty: Vanguard Multiplayer Alpha on PS5 & PS4 Gets Trailer & Date; Beta Also Dated
- Call of Duty Vanguard Revealed in Warzone, Coming to PS5, Xbox Series X|S, & More Nov. 5
- Call of Duty: Vanguard Reveal Confirmed Via Teaser Trailer