Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is definitely one of the most impressive exclusive games on the PS5 right now, thanks to the game’s time rift mechanic where players can quickly jump between dimensions with virtually no loading times at all. The game also runs beautifully on PS5, but Insomniac Games has just pushed out an update to make the game run even better.
With version 1.002, the game now has a 120Hz mode, but you’ll only be able to take advantage of it if you have a compatible display that can support that. Input latency will also be decreased with this mode, and the frame rate target for the Fidelity graphics mode has also been upped to 40 frames per second.
You can see the full list of new features added in this update down below:
- Added new stickers
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX
- Added the ability to disable the Phantom Dash VFX in Photo Mode
- Added the ability to toggle armor on or off while in Photo Mode
- Added color backgrounds to Photo Mode
- Added 120 Hz Display Mode, which reduces input latency when using a compatible display. In this mode, the frame rate target for the Fidelity graphics mode increases to 40 frames per second
- Added “Skip Cutscenes” as bindable option for the D-pad
- Added the option to disable the level up message and slowdown
Of course, this update also comes with a whole ton of fixes and tweaks, which you can read up on here.
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is now available on PS5.