It’s no secret that Sony’s PlayStation 5 console has proven a huge commercial success, but today the publisher has confirmed a new sales milestone that really puts its popularity in perspective: the PS5 has now hit 10 million units sold, cementing its status as the fastest-selling console in the history of SIE
The news comes by way of an official article from Sony itself, written by senior vice president and global head of SIE business operation Veronica Rogers. There isn’t too much disclosed beyond touting the impressive tally itself, though Rogers does mention that PlayStation Studios has “accelerated the momentum of incredibly successful titles that showcase the capabilities of PS5.
That should come as music to the ears of fans who don’t have all too much to look forward to in terms of first-party exclusives until the launch of Horizon Forbidden West next year.
Again, today’s news of PS5’s success isn’t all too surprising given that the company had earlier this year declared that demand for the PS5 had been “Insatiable” with stock selling in seconds. That was during Sony’s Investor Relation Day in which CEO Jim Ryan also predicted fiscal year 2021 to be its strongest ever year, and 2022 to be even stronger.
- Yurukill for PS5, PS4, Switch, & PC Gets New Trailers Showing Bullet Hell Gameplay
- Mecha Strategy JRPG Relayer for PS5 & PS4 Will Reveal Release Date & Extensive Trailer Next Week
- Gran Turismo 7 Pre-Orders Start With Details on Bonuses, Editions, and PS4 to PS5 Upgrade
- Mecha Strategy JRPG Relayer for PS5 & PS4 Introduces the Voice Log & Actress Mika Okamoto
- Mecha Strategy JRPG Relayer for PS5 & PS4 Will Be Presented at Tokyo Game Show