If you were born after the year 2000 you can safely click away from this article if you want because it’s likely you won’t know what the heck I’m talking about. For you boomer-minded 90s and 80s kids that are still here, let’s carry on.
Chip’s Challenge, the classic Atari & computer puzzle game released back in 1989 is finally being ported to the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. It only took about 30 years, but it’s finally here everyone!
This isn’t the first time Chip’s Challenge has been brought into the 21st century, though. It was released back on Steam nine years ago by Niffler Ltd.
The 16-bit console versions of Chip Challenge will be based on that Steam version and will also come complete with a physical cartridge in both PAL and NTSC versions, and also a box and an instruction booklet. If you’re a hardcore collector, retro console enthusiast, or just a fan of the original game, it seems like it would be a fun gift to pick up for yourself or a loved one.
It will retail for $49.99 and you can pre-order it here if you’re interested.
- Retro Soulslike Eldest Souls Gets New Animated Trailer; Coming To Consoles and PC Later This Month
- Final Fantasy XI Fan Releases a Retro RPG Demake of Square Enix’s First MMO
- Pine Creek Brings Retro Murder-Mystery to Game Boy Color
- Let’s Build a Zoo, a Retro Zoo Tycoon Sim With Over 300,000 Animals, Has Been Revealed
- Retro Studios Is Hiring a Lead Producer for Metroid Prime 4