Today, on Twitter, Bungie teased something related to Savathun. This could be connected to the expansion to follow Beyond Light, The Witch Queen, which is slated to be released in early 2022. It’s also possible this is just related to a seasonal event/change.
In either case, expect something heavy as players will need to “survive the truth” according to Bungie.
What this likely means is that Hive god of deception Savathun’s plans, which have been slowly hinted at for years now in Destiny 2’s story might finally be fully revealed as we move past the Fallen drama that has enveloped players since Beyond Light and start hiking back into Hive territory.
At the moment all we can do is speculate, but the insignia combined with what has been hinted at in-game is a pretty strong giveaway as to what we can expect to learn about.
- Bungie Details Destiny 2’s 2021 Solstice of Heroes Event; Stasis Doesn’t Appear to Be Invited
- Destiny 2 Cross-Play Beta Now Live, Will Run Until May 27
- Destiny 2 Guardian Games Ends Early With Hunters Winning
- The Sun Will Not Rise When Destiny 2’s Season of the Splicer Begins; New Content Revealed
- Latest Destiny 2 TWAB Goes Over a Host of Weapon Archetype & Perk Buffs; Confirms No Exploring Venus Next Season