DONTNOD’s episodic narrative adventure game Tell Me Why will be free on all platforms for the entire month of June for Pride Month.
The game will be free on Steam, Windows 10 PC, and Xbox consoles starting today until June 30. Claiming the game, consisting of three episodes, will add it permanently to a player’s library even after the month is over.
“Since Tell Me Why’s release late last summer, the team at DONTNOD and Xbox Game Studios Publishing have been humbled by and deeply grateful for the many gamers – especially trans and queer gamers – who have found understanding and hope in our game,” the studio wrote in the announcement post. “We’ve received heartfelt messages from players all over the world about how Tyler’s homecoming as a trans man and Alyson’s struggle with trauma have impacted them, encouraged them, or made them feel a little less alone, especially amid the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic and pervasive transphobic rhetoric in places like the United States and the United Kingdom.”
The studio’s intention was to allow more people to play and game, and encouraged people to spend their money to support trans and queer independent developers or donate to charities that serve LGBTQIA+ communities.
- For Fans of Life Is Strange, Dontnod’s Tell Me Why Lives up To Expectations
- Tell Me Why Review – Ain’t Nothin’ But a Heartache
- Tell Me Why Gets 3 New Videos, Explains Setting and Dives into Character Backstories
- Dontnod’s Tell Me Why Gets New Trailer and Chapter One Release Date
- Dontnod Reveals New Series Tell Me Why at XO19; Coming in 2020