The Far Cry series has always been experienced through the first-person perspective, but in recent trailers and gameplay footage of the upcoming Far Cry 6, we got to see protagonist Dani Rojas through a third-person perspective as well. In an interview with Gamespot, Ubisoft confirmed that they’ll be using this perspective all throughout the game to give players a chance to appreciate Dani better as a character, and also enjoy any cosmetic changes they may have applied.
Ubisoft stated that the camera will shift to third-person mode during certain points in combat, and when Dani enters guerrilla camps to talk and interact with other NPCs.
“In cinematics, [third-person] is something the team tried early on, and it felt surprisingly seamless. It instantly felt like there was more of a connection to Dani’s journey in the world, more of a connection to this epic story in Yara.Ubisoft via Gamespot
Players will also be able to see their character customizations in these highly-realized story beats. In Guerrilla Camps, this is also an opportunity for players to be able to see their fully customized character, everything from their backpack to their clothes.”
The idea here is to make it so that Dani feels like an actual part of the camp and a member of the community.
Far Cry 6 is set to be released for PC and consoles on Oct. 7.
- Far Cry 6 Gameplay Trailer Shows Off Tons of Weapons and a Flying Car
- Far Cry 6 Season Pass Lets You Play as Past Villains in the Series
- Far Cry 6 Will Not Have an Arcade Mode or Map Editor, Dev Confirms
- First Far Cry 6 Gameplay Reveals Explosive Open-World Action & October Release Date
- Far Cry 6 Gameplay Reveal Teased For Later This Week