Today during the Xbox Games Showcase Extended livestream, Microsoft revealed two more factions for Age of Empire IV.
While they weren’t actually shown, we learn that the last two civilizations to be included in the game at launch are the Holy Roman Empire.
Two campaigns were also revealed, “Rise of Moscow” and “The Mongol Empire.”
The newly-revealed civilizations add to the Chinese, the Delhi Sultanate, the English, the Mongols, the French, and the Abbasid Dynasty that were already known.
If you’d like to see more, you can check out the previous reveal from E3
Age of Empires IV launches on October 28 exclusively on PC. You can check
“The king of real-time strategy (RTS) is back! Age of Empires has returned with its first all new title in 16 years, modernizing the RTS genre for new and returning players eager for the return of an RTS gaming phenomenon.
By using history as a development tool, “Age of Empires IV” brings unparalleled atmosphere to the RTS with stylized visuals, diverse civilizations and authentic music and speech – all which come together to let you celebrate the High Medieval period to Late Renaissance history and cultures.
With updated controls, intuitive UI and a fresh approach to campaign putting you as the hero in history, “Age of Empires IV” is the most accessible Age of Empires game yet while taking everything fans love about the franchise to the next level.”
- Stunning 4K visual fidelity
- Eight diverse civilizations, including the Mongols and Chinese, along with naval gameplay support
- Four campaigns with thirty-five missions spanning 500 years of history
- Cooperate or spectate with up to seven of your friends in PVP and PVE multiplayer modes
- Best-in-class game and platform services, including a World Editor in early 2022, tutorials and a story mode to help onboard new RTS players