Resident Evil Village is set to launch this week, and there’s no better way to hype up the game than by releasing terrifying demos to show players what they can expect. The only problem is, though, that these demos are time limited. You can only play them for an hour, and before Capcom made an amendment to this, you could only play it on a specific day.
That being said, if you’re checking out the demo on PC, it is possible to bypass the timer completely and play for however long you want. Here are the steps, courtesy of Leaves on Steam:
- Disable Steam Cloud for RE8 Demo
- Download Steam SAM (Steam Achievement Manager)
- Delete Local Savefiles – (Located: D:\Steam\userdata\<YOUR STEAM ID>\1541780\remote\win64_save\
- Delete those Files.
- Start Steam SAM
- Select RE8 Demo
- Remove Achievements and Stats, confirm.
This should allow you to spend as much time as you want in the demo. You probably won’t get that much out of it past a couple hours, but it’s still nice to be able to explore the environments thoroughly ahead of the official launch. Resident Evil Village is set to be released for consoles and PC on May 7.
- Resident Evil Village Review – I’m Lycan This
- PSA: You Can Preload Ingredients With The Duke in Resident Evil Village
- 4 Incredible, Tiny Details in Resident Evil Village
- Resident Evil Village’s Wacky Japanese Puppets Return In New Another Hilarious Trailer
- Resident Evil Village Gets Even More Wacky Puppet Action from Japan