Returnal was released exclusively for the PS5 a couple weeks back to great critical acclaim. Its fast-paced gunplay combined with bullet hell-ish attacks from the enemies help make the game feel more dynamic, and it’s easy to jump into run after run due to the randomness of the roguelite game.
Since the game’s release, speedrunners have wasted no time in clearing the game in insanely short amounts of time. Given how fast and frenetic it is, it’s no surprise that Returnal would end up being a good game for speedruns too.
Runner MentalToast has just cleared the game under five minutes in the Any% NG+ category, which means that the game is a little easier, but even so, barreling through all of the bosses in that amount of time is still impressive. You can check out the run for yourself down below.
Returnal is now available exclusively on the PS5.
- New Returnal Patch Increases Deceased Scout Appearances, Fixes Crashes & Other Run Glitches
- Returnal’s Patch 1.3.3 Gets Pulled After Reports of Save Data Corruption
- New Returnal Patch 1.3.3 Notes Reveal Bug Fixes & Stability Improvements, But No Save System
- Returnal Has Debug Cheats You Can Access by Plugging in a Keyboard, But Not For Long
- PSA For Returnal Players: Set Your PS5 Auto-Update to Off to Avoid Losing Run Progress