Resident Evil Village has finally released on PC, consoles and Google Stadia, offering up the latest instalment in Capcom’s popular horror series, and the next chapter in Ethan Winters’ story — the protagonist of Resident Evil 7. As Resident Evil Village continues the story of Ethan Winters from Resident Evil 7, which was playable in VR (Virtual Reality), some players may be wondering if Resident Evil 8 is also playable in VR. Here’s what you need to know.
Can You Play Resident Evil Village in VR?
Unfortunately, no. Resident Evil Village cannot be played in VR on any of the Virtual Reality headsets such as Oculus Quest 2, Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR or HTC Vive. As such, you’ll have to play on your TV (or monitor).
The good news is Resident Evil Village looks absolutely stunning thanks to the RE Engine, and especially so if you’re playing on a high-end PC, or a PS5 or Xbox Series X.
While the age-old saying goes “never say never,” Capcom hasn’t officially announced any plans to release a Resident Evil Village VR port in the future.
Given how well Resident Evil 7’s VR mode went down, however, there is always hope that it may just come a little further down the line, and the developer instead wanted to focus on getting the non-VR experience released before moving onto it.
If anything does get announced in the future, we’ll be sure to update this post and let you know.
For more tips and tricks, head over to our wiki, or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- Capcom’s Financial Results Continue Breaking Records; Resident Evil Village Has Shipped Over 6.1 Million Units
- Capcom Announces Record Financial Results Again; Resident Evil Village Has Shipped 5.7 Million Units
- PlayStation Partner Grand Awards Honor Genshin Impact, Resident Evil Village, and eFootball PES 2021
- Resident Evil Village Giveaway: Win Awesome Collectibles to Celebrate Halloween [UPDATED]
- Resident Evil Village Officially Ships Over 5 Million Units Worldwide