Returnal has had a little bit of a bumpy launch with the lack of save states in the middle of a run, along with a rather disastrous patch rollout last week that caused save data corruption for a portion of users. These issues have since been addressed, and developing studio Housemarque is continuing to push out patches to stamp out other outstanding glitches.
The latest patch seeks to increase the apperance rates of Deceased Scouts, which are ghosts of other players who have died during their runs. You’d only be able to see them while playing online, and you can interact with them for bonuses that may help you out during your own run.
The patch also fixes some crash issues and other glitches, as detailed below:
- Fixed an issue with Deceased Scouts not appearing as often as intended.
- After having one of their Deceased Scout corpses scavenged, players will no longer receive a negative-effect parasite on startup.
- Fixed an issue where the Ophion boss might disappear after a player uses the Reconstructor during the fight.
- Fixed a rare audio bug causing loud noises during combat.
- Fixed a small number of issues where players might become stuck in various rooms.
- Fixed several issues where the player might encounter a black screen during the credits or whilst playing.
- Multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay.
Returnal is now available exclusively on PS5.
- Latest Returnal Patch Sees Difficulty Adjustments for Tower of Sisyphus
- Returnal Wins Best Game and More at 2022 BAFTA Games Awards
- Returnal Tower of Sisyphus Gameplay Showcases New Ascension Expansion in Action
- Returnal Getting Co-op in Update 3.0 Coming This Month
- Returnal Update 2.0 Finally Adds Save Cycle Feature in Addition to New Photo Mode