Returnal has had a little bit of a bumpy launch with the lack of save states in the middle of a run, along with a rather disastrous patch rollout last week that caused save data corruption for a portion of users. These issues have since been addressed, and developing studio Housemarque is continuing to push out patches to stamp out other outstanding glitches.
The latest patch seeks to increase the apperance rates of Deceased Scouts, which are ghosts of other players who have died during their runs. You’d only be able to see them while playing online, and you can interact with them for bonuses that may help you out during your own run.
The patch also fixes some crash issues and other glitches, as detailed below:
- Fixed an issue with Deceased Scouts not appearing as often as intended.
- After having one of their Deceased Scout corpses scavenged, players will no longer receive a negative-effect parasite on startup.
- Fixed an issue where the Ophion boss might disappear after a player uses the Reconstructor during the fight.
- Fixed a rare audio bug causing loud noises during combat.
- Fixed a small number of issues where players might become stuck in various rooms.
- Fixed several issues where the player might encounter a black screen during the credits or whilst playing.
- Multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay.
Returnal is now available exclusively on PS5.
- Returnal Speedrunners are Already Beating the Game in Under 5 Minutes
- Returnal’s Patch 1.3.3 Gets Pulled After Reports of Save Data Corruption
- New Returnal Patch 1.3.3 Notes Reveal Bug Fixes & Stability Improvements, But No Save System
- Returnal Has Debug Cheats You Can Access by Plugging in a Keyboard, But Not For Long
- PSA For Returnal Players: Set Your PS5 Auto-Update to Off to Avoid Losing Run Progress