Mass Effect Legendary Edition brings BioWare’s iconic trilogy to PS4, Xbox One and PC with some fresh, 4K visuals, reworked mechanics in the original game, and more DLC than you can shake a stick at. Playing on PS5 and Series X will bump up the framerates to 60fps, too. If you’re looking to get the platinum trophy or all the Gamerscore on offer, you may be wondering if there are Mass Effect Legendary Edition difficulty trophies and achievements. Here’s what you need to know.
All Mass Effect Legendary Edition Difficulty Settings
If Mass Effect Legendary Edition is like the original releases, there will be five difficulty settings for players to choose from. These are:
While playing on the highest difficulty setting, Insanity, all enemies are scaled up relative to the player’s level and will have protection. Bosses and sub-bosses you come across will also have immunities, so you’ll need to take this into account.
Are There Difficulty Trophies & Achievements?
Yes, there are three trophies or achievements for completing Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 on the highest ‘Insanity’ difficulty setting. Thanks to Exophase for sharing the trophy and achievement lists ahead of time. We’ve listed each of these below:
- Insanity I – Complete Mass Effect 1, 2, or 3 on Insanity without changing difficulty.
- Insanity II – Complete two games in Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Insanity without changing difficulty.
- Insanity III – Complete all three games in Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Insanity without changing difficulty.
Insanity is the highest difficulty rating in all three games, so be prepared for a serious challenge. We’d recommend getting at least one playthrough of each game on lower difficulty settings to familiarize yourself with them before trying Insanity runs. That way, you’ll know what’s coming and can help plan accordingly.
We’d also recommend that you save regularly during your Insanity difficulty playthroughs, as if a combat scenario does catch you off-guard, or you just make a silly mistake, you can quickly load up a previous save without having to retrace a ton of your steps.
That’s all you need to know regarding the Mass Effect Legendary Edition difficulty trophies and achievements. Head over to our guide wiki on the game for more tips and tricks.
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Improves PC Performance, Adds Subtitle Options & More
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Roasts Gamestop on the Citadel
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Finally Changes Tali’s Stock Photo Face
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition’s Latest Patch Fixes Crashing Issues, Achievement Tracking & More
- Is Mass Effect Legendary Edition Worth It? What You Need to Know