Today, on Twitter, Crystal Dynamics announced that they are opening a new development studio based in Austin, Texas called Crystal Southwest. Stating that it will be a “major part of all current and future Crystal Dynamics titles” and will be led by Dallas Dickinson, a current executive producer at Crystal Dynamics. Dickinson is an industry veteran that has previously worked at BioWare and was president/CEO of QC Games.
Crystal Southwest is currently recruiting and has a wide variety of positions open across Art, HR, Design, Engineering, and more.
Crystal Dynamics itself is a subsidiary of Square Enix. Crystal Dynamics is best known for its work on the Tomb Raider series, including the first two games in the new reboot trilogy. Following that, they then developed and released Marvel’s Avengers.
It’s unclear at this time what Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix have in mind for Crystal Southwest to work on once they get up and running.
- Square Enix Celebrates Tomb Raider Anniversary with Survivor Trilogy Bundle, Fortnite Crossover, & Cookbook
- Tomb Raider Developers Aim to Unify the Timeline; No Major Game Announcements in The Near Future
- Tomb Raider Anime Series Announced by Netflix; Will Continue Game Trilogy Story
- PlayStation Plus Games for January 2021 Announced: Maneater for PS5, Greedfall, & Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Square Enix Shares Custom Tomb Raider Designs for Animal Crossing: New Horizons