Big Fin is a crafting material that can be used to upgrade weapons and craft armor and buddy equipment in Monster Hunter Rise. As such, you’ll no doubt need to farm Big Fins at some point in order to get the gear you want to take on tougher monsters. Here’s how to get Big Fin in Monster Hunter Rise, and what it’s used for.
How to Get Big Fin in Monster Hunter Rise
Big Fins are a carve you can get from Delex, which can be found in the Sandy Plains.
Specifically, you want to go to areas 9 and 10 in the Sandy Plains, right in the north of this map’s upper level. If you fast travel to subcamp 2 here, it’s a short walk to areas 9 and 10.
In these areas, you’ll find groups of Delex, a piscine wyvern that are extremely sensitive to sound. Once you’ve beaten a Delex, you can use the ‘carve’ option to get a chance of getting a Big Fin.
The drop rate for a Monster Hunter Rise Big Fin from Delex is 40, so there’s a good chance you should get one. Only Monster Guts (45) have a higher drop rate from carves on Delex, so you should get lucky.
All Big Fin Uses
The Big Fin is used to upgrade the following weapons:
- Delex Harpoon I (x2)
- Delex Sail I (x3)
It’s also used to craft the following armor and buddy equipment:
- Barroth Coil (x2)
- Barroth Mail (x2)
- Makluva Cover (x2)
- Mizutsune Braces (x2)
- Somnacanth Coil (x1)
- Somnacanth Helm (x1)
- Uroktor Coil (x1)
- Uroktor Torso (x2)
- Vaik Greaves (x2)
- Vaik Mail (x1)
That’s everything you need to know on how to get Big Fins in Monster Hunter Rise. For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our wiki, or see more of our coverage on the game below.
- Monster Hunter Rise Gets New Trailer for Update 2.0, Showing Off Elder Dragons & Apex Monsters
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 Gets New Story Trailer as Monster Hunter Rise Introduce Major Update 2.0
- Monster Hunter Rise Update 2.0 Trailer Shows Onazuchi; Update 3.0 Teased With More New Monsters
- Capcom Celebrates 5 Million Copies Sold for Monster Hunter Rise By Giving Out Free In-Game Items
- Monster Hunter Rise Gets New Patch to Finally Fix Game-Breaking Save File Bug